Film & Media Exchange
On Site May 3-5, 2022
Online May 6, 2022
On Demand Until May 31, 2022
For publication on May 3
Stuttgart/Germany, May 3, 2022. Today, one of the world's most influential digital entertainment conferences kicks off in Stuttgart for the 26th time: FMX – Film & Media Exchange invites the audience to its first hybrid edition from May 3-6. More than 300 speakers will provide insights into the latest developments and trends in animation, visual effects, interactive and immersive media over three days on site in Stuttgart and an exclusive online day.
Program Highlights of FMX 2022
The program shines with more than 120 presentations on site in Stuttgart. These will be complemented by an exclusive online program consisting of 60 virtual presentations and live Q&A. The FMX audience will also have the opportunity to take advantage of an extensive video-on-demand program until May 31, 2022.
Highlights of the diverse program include:
- The Opening Keynote by Program Chair Hasraf 'HaZ' Dulull, who will take a look at real-time technologies as the driving force behind the current rapid transformation of the film and media industry
- The visual effects of the Oscar-winning space epic DUNE
- The animated series ARCANE, one of the most successful series on Netflix in 2021
- Industry legend Chris Corbould, who will invite the FMX audience to go on a journey through his successful career that spans decades
- The stop-motion anthology THE HOUSE
- Insights into the latest technological developments in mixed reality, and how it can bring people closer together
- ENCANTO and TURNING RED, the latest animation hits from Disney and Pixar
- The Fresh Visions and Filmakademie Projects tracks, which provide a stage for young creatives
As a special experience, a Virtual Production Stage – powered by ARRI Solutions, disguise, Neumann&Müller Veranstaltungstechnik, ROE Visual, TrackMen and Unreal Engine – offers the audience the unique opportunity to get a hands-on experience of what it's like to shoot on a VP Stage and thus experience real-time technology up close.
The conference program is complemented by the Marketplace, which allows visitors to experience the latest innovations of industry-leading companies and start-ups. Workshops, Masterclasses and Company Suites dig even deeper into the learnings of international companies. To round things off, top-notch studios scout talent at the Recruiting Hub, and international schools present their programs and projects on the School Campus.
Find the entire FMX Program here : FMX 2022 Program
FMX is funded by the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts and the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Tourism of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, the City of Stuttgart and MFG Baden-Wuerttemberg, taking place in cooperation with ACM Siggraph. FMX is organized by Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg, hosting the Animation Production Days (APD), a joint venture with the Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS).
Further information at www.fmx.de